The spaghetti squash in this high fiber recipe will make you think you're enjoying pasta, but without the unnecessary starchy carbohydrates.
Spaghetti Squash Prima Vera
Recipe from Laura Slama, Celebrated Cuisine Inc.
1 cup Spaghetti Squash
1 cup Zucchini, Julienne
½ cup Broccoli florets, blanched
½ cup Cauliflower florets, blanched
½ cup Red Pepper, roasted, julienne
1 tbsp Fresh Basil, sliced
2 cloves minced garlic
1/4 cup Water
1 tsp Salt & White Pepper
1 tbsp Pine Nuts, toasted
½ cup Plum Tomato Sauce
1. Oil & water and oil , bring to a simmer
2. Add peppers, zucchini, garlic & cook for 2 minutes
3. Add spaghetti squash, broccoli & cauliflower. Season with salt and pepper / cook for 2 minutes
4. Add basil
5. In second sauté pan, heat plum tomato sauce
6. Place plum tomato sauce in middle of plate
7. Mound vegetables on plate
8. Sprinkle with pine nuts
Plum Tomato Sauce
1 cup Yellow onions, diced
1 cup Red onions, diced
68 oz Plum Tomatoes, diced canned
2 tbsp Garlic, chopped
¾ tsp Oregano, chopped
2 tbsp Oil, extra Virgin
pinch Salt & pepper mix
PROCEDURE - Sauce
1. Heat Oil
2. Add garlic & sauté until golden brown
3. Add onions, stir & cook for 15 minutes, medium heat
4. Season with salt & pepper. Add oregano and cook 2 minutes
5. Add tomatoes & bring to boil. Once boiling, reduce to simmer and cook 30 minutes
* Serve with salmon, grilled chicken or shrimp prepared without heavy oils or sauces.
Do you need a little help in the healthy recipe department? Try this easy to make crockpot meal. The chicken will almost fall apart it's so tender and moist.
Take your left-overs and put them over a mixed greens salad for lunch. You'll love the hint of curry flavor in this "hurry" meal!
Crockpot "Hurry" Chicken
4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
1/2 onion cut into large chunks
1/2 teaspoon of Ginger
2 tablespoons minced Garlic
1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
3/4 teaspoon of salt
1/2 tablespoon of curry powder
1 jar of Salsa (El Pinto has a very spicey/authentic flavor)
Pour everything in a crockpot and cook on high for 4-6 hours.
Serve over brown rice for lunch or with 2 corn tortillas.
NO carbs with dinner. Serve with steamed or raw veggies.